The Chief Architect will develop strategic roadmaps for customers and provide technical oversight to ensure developed solutions satisfy customer and business requirements.
This position is contingent on award of a contract that is a consolidation of multiple geographically focused contracts into a single service provider contract to provide end-user support services on a global basis across a Government customer enterprise. The IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management Framework (V3.0 or later) will be used to guide the management of these services using the processes, functions, and other capabilities needed to support them.
This position will include management level support for the following areas:
- Desktop Hosting Services - Including Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Print Support, Unified Communications, E-mail
- Software Application Services - Desktop, License Management, Application Deployment
- End User Device Services - Desktop, Phones, Specialized Hardware
- Video and A/V Support Services -Video Teleconferencing, Video on Demand, A/V Architecture
- Conference Center Services
- Domain Services - Directory, Authentication, Account Mgmt., SharePoint, Patch Management, Software Reporting
- Test Environment Services
- Tailored Desk-Side Services
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
- BS degree in a Engineering, Science, IT, computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of technical experience with the implementation of complex IT infrastructure technical requirements, or an MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system science discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience
- 3 years of experience in a senior leadership architect position as it relates to technical requirements
- Requires demonstrated technical expertise in engineering systems design and analysis