Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) to eight (8) years of appropriate and progressive experience; additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education/experience for total of twelve (12) years.
- Integrated schedule development, resource tracking and analysis, critical path development and analysis, build project plans, assessments, and mini schedules as required.
- Interface with flow management, project managers, engineering, shop, area integrators and other planners and schedulers, to develop daily schedules and respond to changes and issues.
- Will participate in daily telecoms and scheduling meetings and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities which pertain to operations support.
- May support Ground Systems schedule development, integration, analysis and deployment as well as communication with KICS and integrated planners, area integrators and other schedulers in regards to changes and issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Responsibilities include integrated schedule development, resource assignment, tracking, and analysis, critical path development and analysis, will build project plans, detailed assignments, and other schedules as required.
- Must be proficient in Primavera 6
- Interface with NASA and TOSC Project Managers, Flow Managers, engineering, and other support organizations to develop and analyze schedules and produce reports to track progress.
- Will participate in telecoms and scheduling meetings and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required to secure and schedule inter-organizational support.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office products, Internet browsers, and outlook; must be able to quickly master new computerized tools for schedule development.
- Should be technically-inclined and must be able to understand the execution of the work in order to maximize the efficiency of the crews and their activities. The tasks should be logically grouped for timely execution.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
- May be required to climb stairs in order to access shop work areas.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in performing research.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all "drug free workplace" requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.