The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Discipline Director, this role researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients. Candidate will apply knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning, building codes, as well as, building materials for the advancement of projects for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates all other discipline elements into unified design for client review and approval
- Performs work of complex scope
- Conducts periodic on-site observation of design work during construction to monitor compliance with detailed design documents
- Prepares quantitative data (e.g. material take-offs) to support construction cost estimates
- Monitors architectural design development to ensure successful delivery.
- May prepare client project presentations studies, and reports
- Represents organization, with internal and external personnel, on design matters
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans
- May direct activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for all phases of a project
- Periodic travel to client and project sites should be anticipated
- 7+ years' related experience is required
- BA/BS or Bachelors in Architecture is required
- Architecture registration in the U.S. and other countries with applicable requirements is required
- Demonstrated experience in the use of digital platforms such as Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, basic rendering and publishing programs, and Microsoft Office is required
- Familiarity with building code requirements is required
- Strong organizational, communications (verbal, graphic and written) skills, and leadership abilities are required
- Ability to effectively coordinate with internal architectural and engineering team members is required
- US Citizenship is required
- Master's Degree in Architecture is preferred
- Participation in professional organizations is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.