The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting directly to the Discipline Director, Disciple Director, this role leads or provides leadership on programs, plans, designs, and administration of building projects for clients. Candidate will apply knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning, building codes, as well as building materials for the advancement of project for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources. In concert with the Design Principal and Discipline Directors for Architecture, Interiors and Engineering, candidate will continue the development and enhancement of design efforts across the building disciplines.
- Supervises design exploration activities of others and lead project design teams with guidance by Design Principal
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates all other discipline elements into unified design for client review and approval
- Conducts periodic on-site observation of design work during construction.
- Monitors architectural design and development to ensure successful delivery
- Proven ability to lead multi-disciplinary design charrettes and workshops.
- Leads and/or assists in preparation of client project presentations studies, and reports
- Represents organization on significant design matters
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans
- Directs activities of design teams engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for all phases of a project
- Perform business development, networking and marketing activities related to securing clients and winning programs/projects within the specified market as required
- Periodic travel to client and project sites should be anticipated
- 15-18+ years' related experience is required
- BA/BS or Bachelors in Architecture is required
- Master's Degree in Architecture is required
- Architecture registration in the U.S. and other countries with applicable requirements is required
- Strong drawing skills and demonstrated experience in the use of digital platforms such as Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, basic rendering and publishing programs, and Microsoft Office is required
- Proven experience in leading a design focused team and mentoring of staff required.
- Familiarity with building code requirements is required
- Strong organizational, communications (verbal, written, and graphic) skills, and leadership abilities are required
- Ability to effectively coordinate design issues with internal architectural and engineering team members is required
- Participation in professional organizations is required
- US Citizenship is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.