Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology arm of Jacobs Engineering (NYSE:JEC), one of the largest engineering and technical service companies in the United States. Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years and held the predecessor Engineering and Science Contract (ESC) since 2005. We look forward to continuing that work as the prime contractor for the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract along with our eleven teammate companies to provide engineering, scientific and technical contract services at NASA's Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). JETS provides products and technical services related to human operations in space through development and integration of a broad spectrum of engineering requirements. This includes human spacecraft flight and flight development products, human exploration mission planning for NASA, institution support services, and new technology development. At Jacobs, we believe that people are our greatest asset, and that is why we offer a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths.
Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Communications Systems Engineer.
The Communications Systems Engineer will:
- Determine the performance of Radio Frequency (RF) communication links and create link budgets using analytical methods or by applying analysis and simulation tools.
- Perform Radio Frequency interference and compatibility analysis for Space based communication systems.
- Perform coordination tasks for RF systems and interface with other NASA centers and federal agencies
- Perform data reductions, analyze, and document results for presentation to customers.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in electrical engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of direct engineering experience
- High knowledge of digital communications, RF system analysis, FEC coding, and communications engineering.
- In depth understanding of communication systems such as phase modulation, spread spectrum, signal detection, signal and interference analysis, baseband filtering, data formatting etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory approval process, radio frequency compatibility and interference assessment.
- Familiar with antennas, antenna polarization, power spectral density & spectral roll-off, Power flux density, Noise density and CCSDS standards
- Familiar with analysis software such as Matlab and Simulink.
Must have good communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Perform other duties as required.
Why Work for JETS?
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Benefits Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Don't miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now! ( xxxxxxx ).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
To the best of my knowledge, I meet the requirements to successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.