JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Jacobs Transport Consultancy discipline has an enviable reputation in the UK as a result of our extensive portfolio of high profile projects. Within our UK Transport Consultancy Business of almost 300 people we have an opportunity for an experienced Director to help continue to grow and develop our business in London and the South East.
Our business model is based around securing and developing long-term relationships and frameworks with our predominately public sector client base which at a national level includes the DfT, NTA, NRA, Welsh Government, Highways England and Network Rail. Our Local Government client base is extensive and includes long-term framework agreements with Essex County Council, Transport for London, Birmingham City Council, Transport for Greater Manchester, South Yorkshire PTE / City Region, West Yorkshire Combined Authority, Devon, Lancashire, Cheshire East, Buckinghamshire and North Yorkshire County Councils.
The successful candidate will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. The role will provide every opportunity for you to make your mark and influence the continuing sustainable growth of Jacobs in the UK and abroad.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Working closely with the London Modelling Team Lead and London Transport Consultancy Lead to provide technical direction and guidance to the London team in order to deliver projects and contribute towards meeting the targets of the wider business
- Providing technical direction and guidance on projects across the UK Transport Consultancy Business nationally
- Leadership of technical excellence activities for the London Modelling Team
- Responsibility for modelling quality assurance and compliance to industry best practice
- Project Manager / Project Principal / Project Director for a diverse range of Transport Planning projects
- Management and development of the local client base
- Management and development of current portfolio of projects and frameworks
Training and Experience Required
- Substantial experience in the application and development of transport models
- Substantial experience in leading major modelling projects to support decision making AND understanding of the wider transport planning context
- Proficiency in one or more of the following modelling software packages: SATURN, CUBE, VISUM, EMME, VISSIM, AIMSUN
- Experience and proven track record of leading business development activity, and delivery against challenging business plan and growth aspirations
- 1st or 2nd Class degree in Transport Planning or a numerate/similar subject (e.g. mathematics, engineering, economics, or other relevant subject)
- Numerate with excellent data analysis skills using software such as MS Excel and MS Access.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative behaviours and evidence of ability to lead and develop a team
- Post Graduate Qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. MSc Transport Planning)
- Project Management Qualification (e.g. APM, PRINCE2)
- Member of a relevant Professional Institution
- Experience and proven track record within the Local Government market in the South of England area including Transport for London, Local Authorities, and Highways England
- Experience and proven track record of delivering high profile and diverse transport planning commissions for public and private sector clients
- Knowledge of Data Fusion/Analytics, managing and processing 'Big Data'
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. VBA, SQL, Python, Java)
- Expert Witness Experience
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to the safety and well-being of all