Duration: 8 Weeks (July- August)
Location: Leatherhead, UK
Degree Discipline: Engineering or Science (on course for 2:1 or above)
Preference will be shown to candidates who can demonstrate an interest in the application of technology either via academic studies or work experience.
EMIT is a truly global organization of over 8,000 associates who seek to apply technology to capture competitive advantage for the Corporation. EMIT spans all facets of ExxonMobil and acts as a technology partner to achieve superior results in finding, producing, processing and marketing oil, gas and chemical products.
From day one, a summer placement student will be assigned a challenging project which provides a sample of what a career within EMIT could entail. Typically this will involve collaborating with regional or global teams to provide a viable solution for a real-life problem we are experiencing. To support you in making this transition, you will be assigned a recent graduate hire as a "Buddy" and an experienced Supervisor who will be located close-by throughout.
Recent projects include:
• Consolidation of Romanian Exploration data types within Petrel
• Analysis of user enablement training for Leatherhead and home users
• Working within projects to rollout new software
We are seeking critical thinkers who are adept at self-learning and are creative - especially when solving critical and complex problems. If you are looking for a placement exploring how we make technology work for ExxonMobil, EMIT could be a great match.
Requirements of Candidate
To be eligible for this scheme, you must:
• Be expecting a 2:1 in any Engineering or Science related degree discipline
• Be graduating in 2018
• Have the current right to work in the UK.
It is preferred that candidates will also have:
• Demonstrated interest in Information Technology via work experience or part time jobs
• Minimum 3 B at A level
• Specifically for UIT, Geoscience degree with interest in Computing
Esso Petroleum Company Ltd.
Students/Graduates Seeking Internship