- This client is a very well respected contractor specialising within the Power, Construction, Multi Utility Diversions, Telecommunications, Rail and Building Management Services.
- Company have been in operation since 2003 now with over 50 permanent employees and 4 offices across the UK and Ireland.
- As a QS you will be working with a number of very well known companies within the Power, Utilities, Rail, Education and Manufacturing Sectors.
- As a Quantity Surveyor you will be working as part of the Commercial Team working closely with the Senior Quantity Surveyor whilst managing your own contracts.
- Projects wise you will be involved in Multi Utility - Mains Replacements, Diversions & New Connections in Central London.
- Responsibilities will include; the carrying out of feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs, negotiating and drawing up bids for tenders and contracts, monitoring each stage of construction to make sure that costs are in line with forecasts & providing financial progress reports and advising clients on legal and contractual matters.
- You will be expected to work 45 hour weeks spending roughly half your time out on site meeting with clients and Project Managers, very occasionally you will be expected to travel to sites that are outside of London and this may involve overnight stays.
The Ideal Person:
- To apply for this position you must have experience working on JCT & NEC Contracts as stipulated by the client.
- The ideal candidate will have spent the last 3 years as an Assistant/Junior QS working for a DNO/IDNO or alternatively another utilities contractor..
- To be successful in your application you will need to hold a professional qualification in Quantity Surveying or be RICS accredited.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies. Our consultants specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Medical, and Business Solutions sectors. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.