- The client has grown rapidly over the last 5 years in particular; it now boasts a £20million turnover and over 80 permanent employees working in the UK.
- They have worked hard to build relationships with key clients and developed a strong reputation amongst the DNOs in particular with SSE, UKPN and WPD.
- As Head of Engineering you will be part of the Senior Management Team.
- You will be interfacing with the Design Manager and Senior Field Engineers/Project Teams to ensure that all works are compliant with regulations.
- The Head of Engineering will also be responsible for the training and development of all the electrical staff, as well as the provision of engineering support to the rest of the Senior Management Team throughout tendering processes.
- You will also need to liaise regularly with project and design teams to ensure effective delivery of projects.
- You need to be prepared to travel to sites around the UK to deal with any technical electrical engineering difficulties as they arise.
The Ideal Person:
- Ideally you will be a chartered Electrical Engineer with a degree/HND in Electrical Engineering.
- As the Head of Engineering you must be comfortable overseeing a number of projects up to 33kv ranging from £200k-£4m in terms of monetary value.
- As the Head of Engineering you will need to be competent dealing with DNOs at senior management level and able to identify the key Decision Makers within the organisations. Coupled with that you will also possess a strong technical understanding of all aspects of electrical engineering.
- Applications welcome from Senior/Principal Electrical Engineers looking to take the next step up to Senior Management Level as a Head of Engineering.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies. Our consultants specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Medical, and Business Solutions sectors. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.