Our Code Enforcement Officer will perform a variety of technical duties necessary to execute the requirements of the City's code compliance programs. Employees in this class work under close supervision and with other City staff to monitor and enforce zoning, building, property maintenance, noise, abandoned vehicle and other codes and ordinances designed to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents, and the general quality of life.
Code Enforcement Officer - Tucker, GA
The City of Tucker, a well-established community for nearly 125 years, was officially incorporated as DeKalb County's newest city in early 2016. We are looking for a seasoned Code Enforcement Officer. The City's inaugural mayor and council are using an innovative public-private partnership to deliver the high quality of service Tucker's 33,000 residents and business owners deserve. With its rich history, strong community support, desirable location and mix of residential, office, commercial and industrial properties, along with parks and green space, the City of Tucker is poised for success well into the future. The city provides outsourced local government services including Community Development and Code Enforcement. Our Code Enforcement Officer will perform a variety of technical duties necessary to execute the requirements of the City's code compliance programs. Employees in this class work under close supervision and with other City staff to monitor and enforce zoning, building, property maintenance, noise, abandoned vehicle and other codes and ordinances designed to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents, and the general quality of life. The employee serves as a resource and provides information on City regulations to property owners, residents, businesses, and the general public, along with other City departments and contractors.
Our Code Enforcement Officer:
• Enforces City codes and ordinances pertaining to zoning and housing.
• Schedules and performs systematic property maintenance inspections to maintain or achieve minimum property standards; attends neighborhood meetings to discuss and educate citizens about City codes.
• Responds to citizen concerns and complaints and City Council requests.
• Prepares records and reports pertaining to abatements, court actions, daily activities, enforcement actions and inspections.
• Compiles documentation for and issues summons with approval of supervisor.
• Testifies in municipal court as required. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• High School diploma or GED
• Must have a Valid GA Driver's License with no major infractions in the past 5 years
• 2-4 years experience in code enforcement/compliance-related work including: conducting investigations; conducting research; and resolving complaints, concerns or conflicts The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
Certified Code Enforcement Office in State of GA
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Tucker
Tucker, GA US
View on Google maps