As our Project Accounting Supervisor, you'll be joining our in-house corporate accounting department. You will become an important part of our global team by directly influencing the profitability and financial performance of CH2M.
The Project Accounting Supervisor works with project teams in the evaluation of contract terms to determine and properly establish setup requirements for projects in financial systems. In this role, you will supervise a team of six to eight Project Accountants working on a portfolio of approximately 400 projects. You'll allocate work to your team, conduct year-end appraisals, engage in recruitment and provide mentoring and guidance, as well as connect with Project Managers and other teams to communicate financial issues.
Our Project Accounting Supervisor:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Reviews projects' initial set up, and ensures that contractual terms are appropriately reflected in the system, and that project accounting files are complete, set-up and properly maintained.
- Reviews and constantly monitors project performance during a project's life (performing selective periodic project reviews with Project Accountants), and helps identify potential issues and improvements.
- Monitors project investment, including Accounts Receivable (A/R), Work in Progress (WIP) and BIE for the selected portfolio of projects, ensuring correct revenue recognition and timely billings.
- Actively participates in period close activities by analyzing month-end financial reports, reviewing commentary provided by Project Accountants, reviewing and approving necessary pre-close and post-close adjustments and identifying the need for additional adjustments.
- Identifies changes in existing procedures and policies, providing appropriate training to team members.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Managerial Accounting.
- At least seven years of experience in an accounting environment, especially in the construction or engineering industry.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of SQL and other applications.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as Oracle Financials.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Experience in managing teams - including employee appraisal.
- Must be able to apply accounting/finance knowledge and technical skills to large number of diverse situations ranging from routine setup to management.
- The ability to support work in different time zones.
- Professional certifications (ACCA, CIMA, CPA) are an asset.
A unique opportunity to work closely and directly with the core business in one of the best engineering companies. You will be part of a dynamic and growing team with opportunities to develop your career. You will be hired based on full time employment contract with salary and benefits corresponding to qualifications. Company is known for a great working atmosphere!
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location CH2M, Krakow
View on Google maps