Help deliver safe, reliable and extremely competitive integrated construction and facilities management services that focus on enhancing the life-cycle and performance output of our clients' assets.
Our Scheduler jobs provide you with an opportunity to develop and monitor schedules and control costs for a variety of facilities construction, upgrade, modernization, and improvement projects of moderate to large size and complexity. Each day you will work collaboratively with internal and external team members to achieve client objectives. You should be a self-motivated professional with experience scheduling construction projects in an industrial environment, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each Scheduling job.
• Bring a minimum 10 years of experience in industrial/commercial engineering/procurement/construction project scheduling.
• Display expertise in scheduling projects using computerized scheduling software systems such as Microsoft Project and/or Primavera.
• Are experienced in preparing and updating schedules in a role as owner's rep, construction manager or general contractor.
• Understand how to set baselines, show task status, perform resource/cost loading, identify critical path activities and track/forecast manpower and cost.
• Organize, implement and maintain scheduling management system supporting identified projects and their plans.
• Log project time-lines and maintain database of tasks and status.
• Interact with customer and project staff to schedule work and coordinate assignments.
• Design and develop project schedule.
• Interact with project team and task managers to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
• Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
• Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
• Develop and update weekly short interval schedules working with superintendents and field engineers.
• Suggest management of risks affecting project profit, costs, schedules and client relations.
• Support project management team to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures and systems.
• Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
• Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
• Display competency in ensuring predecessors and successors (dependencies) are accurately represented and identified in a schedule.
• Have a clear understanding of construction activities/trades and how they relate with one another.
• Demonstrate a knowledge of the various schedule levels as defined by the AACE and are proficient in developing a schedule framework that can display each level (roll-up) with minimal effort. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- 7-10 years' experience in industrial/commercial engineering/procurement/construction project scheduling
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or related
May accept additional 4 years experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum 3 years experience utilizing the MS Office Suite
Must be able to pass client-required and facilitated background check, including verification of US citizenship, for site access purposes.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Evendale
Evendale, OH US
View on Google maps