Join us in for a unique opportunity in the global Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICoFR) Operations Team to play an active part as we transform our assurance and internal control approach while maintaining an effective control environment and working with colleagues worldwide. Currently we are looking for a person to join this team as Group Senior Internal Control Specialist.
• Analyze deficiencies and draw conclusions to identify trends and patterns that need ICoFR input to address either at Group, Region or Country level;
• Monitor the timely remediation of deficiencies and coordinate the assessment of identified control deficiencies and their underlying causes, and support the reporting units in their sustainable remediation of such deficiencies;
• Develop KPIs to support the improvement in timely remediation and improvement in the quality of remediation;
• Manage the Deficiency Assessment Process and draw conclusions as well as prepare the associated remediation and deficiency assessment year-end work paper;
• Support the activities of internal and external auditors;
• Proactively develop and improve the internal control processes and provide guidance through instructions, clarification meetings, first level helpdesk responses, frequently asked questions and training to the Group internal control community as necessary;
• Analyze, draw conclusions (Red Flags) and escalate where progress is not as per plans. Coordinate planning and timely preparation of reporting including reporting to the Disclosure Committee and the Finance, Audit and Compliance Committee;
• Support and work with all ICoFR Operations team members within subsequent areas: internal controls assessment including testing, remediation activities, develop KPIs to support both backward and forward looking assessment of the control environment.
• University degree in finance, accounting, auditing, etc.;
• Professional qualification equivalent to CPA/CIA/CISA;
• 5 years' experience in finance, audit or internal control related areas;
• A good understanding of Internal Controls methodology and practices;
• Experience in providing administration support in a large multinational matrix organization;
• Fluent in English language (spoken and written);
• Strong communication skills - both written and oral;
• Ability to draft, tailor and deliver communication relevant to audience;
• Attention to detail;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Service-oriented mindset;
• Willingness and ability to learn other tasks and activities within the ICoFR Operations team and be the back-up for other team members.