ABB provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world's most asset intensive industries such as energy, utilities and mining solve their biggest challenges, from plant level, regional network scale, to global fleet-wide operations. At ABB, it's the people that matter most - to us and our customers. Which is why we're always looking to add more talent to our team. Knowledge is critical. Drive is essential. Creativity is the key. Currently we are looking for a candidate to work in our Enterprise Software Research and Development Center in Krakow. If you are experienced Business Analyst willing to gain more responsibility as a Product Owner in an enterprise solution product, then this is an opportunity for you!
We are looking for a highly-motivated Senior Business Analyst who will join our SCRUM team. This person will cooperate closely with Product Management in functional definition of solution, being the first source of business information to the development team.
After getting up-to speed with solution, Senior BA role will evolve in a direction of product ownership, gaining more responsibility in a definition of a product shape.
We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys working with business-oriented development team, someone who is flexible, team focused, easy to work with and an excellent communicator.
The role is accountable for the following activities:
• Analyze requirements and designs to fully understand solutions and be able to recommend improvements;
• Communicate with Product Management, customers, other analysts and development team regarding design approaches and modifications to fulfill customer needs;
• Gain domain and solution knowledge to take responsibility for product improvement, acting as Product Owner.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience;
• 3+ years related experience with business analysis;
• Good understanding of core software development processes and principles;
• Experience in Agile / Scrum;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Must be self-motivated and able to work without close supervision;
• Oracle DB knowledge is an asset;
• Strong oral and written communication skills (fluent in English);
• Knowledge about power generation industry is a big plus.