The challenge? Solving the most challenging and impactful projects around the world.
CH2M, has a great opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join and help grow our Bellevue, WA office. You would work with our geotechnical and tunneling practice consisting of close to 100 geotechnical engineers in 15 offices in North America. As our Geotechnical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to follow projects from the conceptual phase through the construction phase, working on traditional design-bid-build as well as design-build projects. You must be a self-motivated individual with up to 5 years of experience within Geotechnical Engineering, with a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering (emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering) and be an Engineer in Training (EIT) or registered Professional Engineer (PE). You will be expected to demonstrate a strong technical knowledge of the principles of soil mechanics, geotechnical design, and be able to effectively work with a team of other engineers.
Experience with geotechnical site characterization, deep foundation and earth retaining structure design, and seismic evaluations will contribute to your success. Advanced numerical modeling background will be beneficial. The ideal candidate will have a wide breadth of practical geotechnical knowledge, and the desire to grow personally as well as professionally.
As an Entry Level CH2M Geotechnical Engineer you will:
• Participate in field assignments that will include observation of explorations (soil and rock borings, test pits, CPT soundings, geophysical testing); geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring; and inspection of the construction of geotechnical structures (earth retaining structures, deep foundations, dams, tunnels, and shallow foundations).
• Work primarily on Puget Sound area projects, but also have the opportunity to travel to and work in locations both within the USA and around the world.
• Under supervision, design shallow and deep foundations, earth retaining structures, ground improvement, embankments, and cut slopes.
• Perform earthquake hazard evaluations, including site-specific site response and liquefaction potential analyses.
• Analyze laboratory and field testing results and select geotechnical design parameters.
• Prepare and review technical reports, data reports and baseline reports.
• Use computer programs including Settle3D, Slide, LPILE, Shaft, FB-MultitPier, DeepXcav, GRLWeap, Plaxis, FLAC, and MathCAD to complete engineering analysis and prepare design calculations.
• Prepare design drawings and construction specifications, and review construction submittals for compliance with contract requirements and design assumptions.
• Work in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams across North America and the world.
• Share technical knowledge across geographical boundaries to foster innovative project solutions. Minimum Qualifications
BS in Engineering
MS in Geotechnical Engineering
Up to 5 years of experience within Geotechnical Engineering
Engineer in Training (EIT) or registered Professional Engineer (PE)
Able to demonstrate a strong technical knowledge of the principles of soil mechanics, geotechnical design, and be able to effectively work with a team of other engineers. Preferred Qualifications
Experience with geotechnical site characterization, deep foundation and earth retaining structure design, and seismic evaluations
Advanced numerical modeling background
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let’s get to work.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws