Our client is an employee-owned global developer of infrastructures for the oil & gas, power, water, telecommunications and government services industries, is seeking a Technology Manager - Sulfur for our Oil & Gas business. In this dynamic leadership role, you will have the unique opportunity to guide and direct the engineering team, while promoting a culture that is conducive to producing exemplary results.
Functions as a technology leader in a role that is responsible for developing engineering strategy. Has shared significant impact on function or division. Establishes tactical direction with regard to policy and procedure.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Technology Manager – Sulfur is responsible for ensuring appropriate technologies are applied to each project to provide commercial advantages to our clients. This includes:
• Monitoring and participating in consultations with all project managers and lead process engineers working on related projects.
• Supporting business development with technical support for project pursuits, proposal development and client relations.
• Reviewing and approving major process and equipment design configurations, parameters, and guarantees.
• Review and approval of process flow diagrams for sulfur related technologies.
• Develop performance guarantees for licensed sulfur technology.
• Serving as technical consultant and providing subject matter expertise on sulfur related engineering applications.
• Developing and evaluating emerging technologies and improvements to existing technologies.
• Protection of intellectual property through patent filing and overall responsibility for existing patent database.
• Maintaining the quality and efficiency while performing complete EPC project lifecycle functions to the greatest commercial advantage.
• Serving as a technical consultant to upper management and maintaining the company's position in the Sulfur technology area.
• Technical supervisory responsibility for portfolio of sulfur technology projects.
• May also be responsible for staff growth and training.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 12 years related work experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Excellent client service and presentation skills; ability to develop and maintain key relationships; negotiation and influencing skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of Oil & Gas market and impacts on business and technology strategy
• Knowledge of management techniques and administrative practices
• Intermediate knowledge of risk management and commercial issues
• Contract awareness and general knowledge of legal terms
• Strong strategic and business planning skills
• Strong problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Conflict management skills
• Knowledge of change management methodologies
• Project management skills
• Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)