H9 Technical Recruitment are currently representing a multi-national engineering and construction business who are making large strides in the UK Power & Energy sector.
Alongside full EPC contracting they are also supplying the O+M contract at a new build site based in Hertfordshire.
As a result they are looking for a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations Team for their new Biomass/ Gasification Power Plant with immediate effect.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Shift Team Leader duties:
- The day to day management of the Operation Technicians and the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as an Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 11kv).
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
- Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- This role will involve a mixture of Monday to Friday Day Work and also Shift Work
- A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least 3-5 years' experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Senior Authorised Persons Status
- Excellent proven leadership skills
For more information please respond to this advert ASAP and I will be in touch in the near future to discuss.