Primary job is to perform financial due diligence and prepare investment valuations of acquisitions and greenfield projects in the energy industry.
Financial Analysts with guidance from supervisors are expected to identify and analyze the impact of relevant investment, environmental and/or business issues facing NextEra Energy on the company's, financial structure, profitability, financial integrity and competitive position. Competencies include the ability to comprehend, analyze, frame and resolve complex analytical issues and distill them into simple to understand analysis for management decision making; communicate the key investment benefits and risks to CFO organization management; and provide support to other NextEra departments requiring financial consulting services or financial training.
- Financial pro forma modeling and analysis work products
- Coordinating the gathering of SME assumptions
- Participate in the review of SME assumptions
- Preparation of management presentations
- Presenting analysis work in team meetings, and RiskCom/CFO meetings (based on ability)
Position Development Focus:
- Mastering pro forma modeling and analysis skills
- Mastering disciplined self-review skills
- Mastering basic financial valuation and industry knowledge/skills
- Demonstrating basic understanding organizational structure, group policies and standards, and due diligence process
- Demonstrating ability to question/seek answers from SME
- Demonstrating ability to articulate issues to directors/managers
- Developing management presentation preparation and delivery skills
Requirements: Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or other technical field; and postgraduate MBA degree and/or CPA (and/or CFA) preferred. At least 2 years of relevant finance industry experience is required.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA):Yes;High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelor's - Acct / Finance:Required;Master's - Acct / Finance:Required;Experience:1 years;