Location(s): CO - Hayden
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We're seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you're looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy as we are in search of a Plant Department Manager in Hayden, Colorado.
This position will be responsible for maintenance management at the Hayden Station Summary
Lead, direct and oversee the maintenance department. Ensure high plant reliability and overall cost competitiveness, without compromise to employee safety or environmental commitments. Essential Responsibilities
- Ensure personnel actively participate in safety related activities. Contribute to site safety performance improvement by holding workers, supervisors and self, accountable for safety. This includes a review and implementation of safety audit/investigation action items, job hazard analysis reviews, periodic plant and job site inspections, injury reviews, providing safety meetings, and training. Act as an emergency response coordinator.
- As needed, facilitate problem-solving teams and problem resolution implementation to manage equipment and unit availability. May interface with forward and real time markets to ensure unit outage management is optimized with system needs and accurate reporting to the system operator.
- Ensure work is in accordance with Xcel Energy and Energy Supply policies and procedures, labor agreements, and regulatory standards. Provide clear communications to employees regarding expectations, recognition, and positive discipline. Engage workforce in development of various key performance objectives, root cause analysis/identification, training needs, and process improvements. Communicate regularly with all personnel to ensure satisfaction of customer requirements.
- Engage participation of workforce to help manage and guide work priorities and job scope to meet business unit objectives, key performance indicators and budgets. Required to lead or participate implementation of business unit objectives. Accountable for budgets and managing within key performance indicators.
- Responsible for well trained and qualified work force by participating on and guiding various committees such as the plant apprenticeship, training advisory, and safety committees. Periodically review training materials and tools against core skill sets required to ensure adequate and timely training is occurring. Review and provide development opportunities for employees to aid in succession planning. Ensure employees complete required training.
- Conduct staffing and selection process as needed. Establish site work force management plans, including critical needs, event contingencies, and job analysis. May manage bargaining unit contract, participate in site negotiations, and local grievances issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 years experience in power generation (or related industry providing equivalent knowledge) including 5 years leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (6 years or experience in a related field may substitute for the degree)
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Hayden || CO - Hayden || United States (US) || Operations || xxxxxxx:Hayden Maintenance || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 5293
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at xxxxxxx