Location(s): MN - Welch
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We're seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you're looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Xcel Energy is hiring a Nuclear Design Engineering Manager to be based out of the Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant in Welch, MN. The Design Manager will travel two times per year for industry & benchmarking visits. Experience in Electrical or Mechanical Design in a nuclear setting is required of the successful applicant. Summary
The Design Engineering Manager is responsible for the day to day support of the plant in the area of design engineering, which includes maintenance of the design basis, configuration control of design documentation, responding to plant requests related to system and design function, performance of plant modifications and interfacing with external organizations such as NRC and INPO. Responsibilities
- Manage all design and analysis functions
- Maintain the design basis for the plant
- Maintain configuration control of all design documents
- Perform plant modifications
- Manage assigned O&M budget for the department
- Manage assigned capital budget for the department
- Provide routine interface with the NRC, INPO and other external organizations
- Supports the ongoing operations of the fleet and is jointly accountable with fleet personnel for the fleet meeting its excellence plan
- Must meet ANSI (American National Standard) N18. xxxxxxx
- 10 years commercial nuclear experience
- BS degree in Engineering or Technical Science
- Experience in Electrical or Mechanical Design
- Minimum of 5 years engineering supervisory experience
- Previous management experience
- PE license
- Current or previous SRO license/certification.
Must live within 60 minutes to ensure proper implementation of Emergency Response plan.
A condition of employment will be successfully obtaining and maintaining General Security Clearance and a Nuclear Security Clearance for unescorted access to Xcel Energy nuclear plants including successful completion of nuclear General Access Training (GAT) and the nuclear security screening process (typically consists of an alcohol/drug screen, a criminal history check, a psychological assessment, initial credit and background investigation and periodic credit & criminal history checks).
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Welch || MN - Welch || United States (US) || Nuclear Rollup || xxxxxxx:FT PI Engineering Design || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 5238
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at xxxxxxx