Vestas Global IT is looking for a Senior IT Infrastructure Architect with skills within the classic infrastructure disciplines (datacenter, storage, server, virtualization, cloud etc.). This combined with more indirect skills needed in order to be a trusted advisor towards better business integration, in-mem computing, streaming computing, Hadoop and SmartData.
Finance, Global IT, User Productivity & Digital Foundation, Core Infrastructure & Cloud
Vestas Global IT creates business value by providing world-class IT solutions. Global IT equips the Sales and Production units, as well as corporate group functions, with dynamic solutions for executing Vestas' strategy and assuring real business value for our global customers and stakeholders. For Global IT to support Vestas' strategy, it is crucial that we become more user oriented, and for that reason we have dedicated an entire department in the new organization to 'User Productivity & Digital Foundation' (UPDF) where you will be working from one of three departments - Core Infrastructure & Cloud.
The User Productivity & Digital Foundation (UPDF) department ensures that business requirements and related solutions are appropriately designed, developed and optimized across their lifecycle. We take responsibility for our solutions and interact directly with both development and daily operations. UPDF ensures continuous improvement and utilization of our environment in order to maximize value and reduce risk.
As IT Infrastructure Architect you don't only have influence on the future solutions in Vestas - you are also designing, building and documenting them, and thereby making sure Vestas have the best possible future solutions. You will participate in defining strategies, draw up budgets, executing the job and you will work with colleagues across domains to coordinate and utilize synergies.
You understand that IT is a business driver and can demonstrate your enterprise and commercial view on IT. You will be working with the newest technologies, and both your technical and people skills will be challenged every day. It is important that you can work across different organizations and on many organizational levels.
As IT Infrastructure Architect in this position you will be responsible for:
- Designing and optimizing a global and complex landscape
- Ensuring optimal utilization of best practice
- Ensuring consistency and reuse of solutions by utilizing global standards and ensuring existence and quality of documentation
- Planning, building and deploying the solutions
- Updating roadmaps
- Draw up and keeping budget for your area
- Providing knowledge and expertise as consultants when needed
- Engaging with our vendors and deliver solutions in collaboration with them
- Stakeholder management
- At least 10 years' experience with enterprise architecture
- Extensive experience working with core infrastructure in a larger global company
The ideal qualified candidate has the following qualifications and experience:
- Specialist skills in core infrastructure, cloud and smart data
- Skills in order to have the needed dialogue and trust from the business (Integration, In-mem, streaming computing, Hadoop and SmartData)
- Solid understanding of the interaction between different technologies
- A thorough interest in and understanding of how IT is related and adds value to the business
- Fluent in English both orally and written
- Experience from a multi-vendor setup
Moreover, your personality is of outmost importance. Thus, we add importance to the following personal competencies:
- Team player with a global attitude and desire to drive and lead change
- Being visionary
- Thrives with tight deadlines and ambitious targets
- Ability to seek and deploy new knowledge regarding infrastructure solutions
- Desire to coach and guide others
- Motivator with positive spirit
- Technical leadership
What we offer
You will be offered a unique career opportunity in an exciting business with challenging and demanding tasks. Moreover, you will join a team of highly skilled colleagues with different backgrounds and you will work closely together with a global organization
Work location is Aarhus, Denmark.
For additional information about the position, please contact Head of Core Infrastructure & Cloud, Ann Britt Mandal Andersen on xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.