Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Network Firewall Specialist manages the day-to-day operations of network firewalls in order to maintain a secure and stable environment. Duties include processing firewall rule requests, building network DMZs and managing segmentation, working with clients to troubleshoot real or perceived firewall or network issues, managing and maintaining hardware and operating systems, and capacity planning. Must be able to implement high-level designs, provide constructive feedback and input to architects and solutions engineers, and update operations documentation for any new configurations or procedures resulting from changes to production environments. The Network Firewall Specialist must also document all work for metrics and billing reporting using a designated change management or request system. Network Specialists also participate in audits from outside vendors and government regulators (NERC, WECC, etc.)
• BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related
discipline or equivalent experience or technical training
• Minimum 4 years of IT Operations experience
• Experience with Cisco FWSM/PIX/ASA and/or Palo Alto Firewalls in highly available environments.
• Knowledge of system management and security/control procedures and operating or network systems and maintenance support
• Understanding of basic network security concepts, including segmentation and defense-in-depth strategies.
• Ability to create VLANs, routes and configure network interfaces on switches, routers, and firewalls to facilitate the building of DMZs and create network segmentation.
• Ability to write and install/remove ACLs on firewalls.
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnoses, and repair firewall issues.
• Ability to troubleshoot and pinpoint network issues outside of firewalls.
• Understanding of network concepts from layer 2 through 7 including NAT/PAT and application identification (Cisco inspect/fixup or Palo Alto AppID).
• Experience patching and maintaining firewalls in highly available network environments with minimal down time.
• Ability to perform work while maintaining integrity and stability of network.
• Ability to work with Architects, Solutions Engineers, and Project Managers to meet aggressive project deadlines. Ability to work overtime when required.
• Available for 24x7 on call rotation.
• CISSP or other industry standard network or security certification.
• Experience with encryption protocols such as SSL or SSH.
• Experience with VPN using IPSec or SSL VPN.
• Experience with firewall rule automation tools such as Tufin or AlgoSec
• Experience with monitoring or syslog collection/analysis tools.
• Experience in the Utility Industry and meeting audit requirements for NERC and WECC.
• Experience with Cisco VSG or VMWare ESX firewalls.
• Experience with Cloud-based solutions.
• Experience with IDS/IPS.
• Experience with Wireshark, OpNet, ANUE/IXIA
• Experience with Application Delivery Controllers (A10, F5, NetScaler)
• Experience or knowledge of DNS or DHCP.
• Experience with web, middleware, or database servers.
• Experience with Cyclades or other serial console terminal servers.
Network Management & Operational Support:
• Performs the operation, management, and maintenance of network and Telecommunication systems, linked systems and peripherals in order to enhance network operations.
• Responsible for technical support and administration of critical infrastructure network components (e.g., firewalls, proxy servers, routers, etc).
• Maintain and operate systems and services associated with PG&E's telecommunications infrastructure.
• Provides 3rd tier support in analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems.
• Work closely with other IT groups to ensure systems are maintained in an efficient manner, and communicate all issues, changes, outages, and maintenance in accordance with processes, procedures, and policies.
• Participates in developing, recommending, and establishing policies and procedures as needed
• Provide on-site or remote support for project implementation.
• Work closely with peers, supervisor, team members and others as needed to identify, plan, prioritize and implement project deliverables.
• Perform testing and evaluations of new technologies in a lab environment.
• Evaluate and articulate market needs and opportunities for technology- based products and services.
• Assist IT professionals and application stakeholders in product Implementation and use.
• Provide content-specific advice to technical architects.
Compliance and Process Improvement:
• Assures compliance with industry and company standards.
• Continually look for opportunities to improve processes, reduce costs, increase efficiencies, etc.
• Apply security procedures for all work.
• May initiate process improvements
• Assist other specialists, analysts and technicians as appropriate in developing their own technical skills through training, presentations and involvement in the process of maintaining and supporting these systems (installations, upgrades, troubleshooting, problem resolution, etc.).
• Create and maintain training class curriculum, conduct internal classes and coordinate vendor training.