Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The new Principal Analytics and Data Architect will report to the Director of Technology Architecture, who in turn reports to the Senior Director of Technology Planning and Architecture. The Principal will be responsible for leading the practice of Data Analytics vision and technology capability and roadmap, addressing enterprise wide impacts.
This individual will work with the broader IT organization and business units, including the business leaders, to determine ways that PG&E can leverage technology to enhance business objectives and improve the consumer experience. The overarching purpose of this role will be to continue to build a sustainable business and information architecture blueprint for technology improvement, focusing on operational excellence, process improvement and governance, while helping the company achieve its business objectives.
PG&E has been investing in technology to deliver on the "Digital Utility" vision. As such, the successful candidate in the role will be proficient in leading a team in each of the business and information architecture disciplines, but also proficient across the entire technology spectrum from applications, integration, data, and infrastructure.
The Principal Architect will be expected to develop innovative but cost-effective approaches in the use of technology to solve business problems, with a vision of keeping PG&E on the leading edge of technology. This individual will facilitates the rigorous identification and documentation of business & information architecture by participating in a variety of activities to meet the organization's needs, including gathering information, analyzing business needs, coordinating and executing the transition, and ongoing management of business & information architecture, as well as influencing, senior management in coordination with the broader information technology group.
• Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent
• 10 years IT Architecture experience with 5 years managing in an architecture practice
• Master's Degree preferred
• 15+ years of IT or business/industry work experience
• Executive presence and influence - ability to work with senior leadership and external partners
• Enterprise-wide understanding of business processes, systems & data -- ideally in Fortune 500 multi-national companies
• Agile, Six Sigma or ITIL certification highly desirable
• Street smart, can define practical solutions that align with strategy
• Ability to influence and guide without direct authority
• Effective at developing and delivering executive level updates
• Experience and passion to work in a fast paced Agile and innovative environment
• Experience of enterprise level architecture tools.
• In depth knowledge of business architecture principles and industry standard frameworks.
• Highly experienced in the practical application of Business & Information Architecture in supporting change and day to day operations.
• Device Integration Protocols (DNP3, ModBus, DNP3 oIP, IPv6)
• Data Integration Ingestion & Messaging services (Kafka, RabbitMQ, Oracle ESB)
• Data Store
o Operational - Transactional Data (Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, OSISoft PI)
o Data Warehouse (Terradata, Hadoop, Oracle Exadata, SAP Hana)
• Data Modeling - CIM (SmartGrid XML Standards), SPARK EA
• Data Index & Search (Elastic Services)
• Analytics Languages ("R", Python)
• Tools (SPARK, SAP, IBM Cognos)
Business Process Management (Automation)
• Business Rules Repository, Execution Engine (Oracle, SAP, WS02)
• Big Data / Analytics
• Information Management (IM)
• Data Architecture / Data Warehousing
• Master Data Management (MDM)
• Information Governance
• Reporting Design
• Business Process
o Quality Process
o Supply Chain
• Agile Methodology
• Data Governance
Related Experience • Application Development
• Development Operations
• Asset Intensive Enterprises
• Lead a working group of information and data architecture practitioners to develop the standards, architecture and roadmap artifacts
• Assist with investigations, propose and evaluate solutions, provide insights into strategy, and inform strategic thinking from a business & information architectural perspective.
• Define and design data architecture in support of business strategy (e.g., provide the architectural framework and models for the implementation of BPM; identify services for the design and delivery of SOA).
• Define new service offerings and update associated architecture documentation.
• Provide analytical and conceptual direction to architects throughout the business and technology change lifecycles, ensuring alignment and integrity of deliverables with the strategic objectives.
• Act as custodian of the data and analytics architecture standards and methods and the conceptual and logical designs by doing the following:
o Provide the architectural framework for data architecture.
o Ensure integrity and cohesion of models across projects and programs.
o Ensure maintenance of the blueprints.
o Ensure reusability of models, patterns, and designs.
• Lead technology strategy and planning, road mapping activities across IT and at the enterprise level.
• Participate in the development of IT strategy and the identification and design of IT architectures to support the business architecture and the business strategic intent (e.g., SOA).
• Work with Business Architects to develop and implement common standards and methods for developing, integrating, and aggregating the business architecture (operating model).
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
• Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
• Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
• Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
• Being a safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety. • Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
• Using various communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
• Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance-
• Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
• Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
• Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
• Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
• Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
• Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
• Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
• Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.