Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Human Resources department is committed to providing PG&E employees with the tools, information and services to help deliver safe and reliable gas and electric service to our customers.
Brings strategic thought leadership and best practices to work with senior PG&E leadership, PG&E's unions and other PG&E departments to develop, as well as administer programs that measurably enhance our employee's health and safety; including review and benchmarking of current offerings to attract and retain top talent in our service territory. Responsible for the Benefits Portfolio, which includes all Health and Welfare, and Retirement Programs. Manage over $1 Billion in corporate budget per year.
• 10 years of experience that includes developing and delivering benefits, health management related programs and vendor management and selection including RFP development.
• 10 years of Leadership experience
• Master's Degree in business or health-related field
• Experience with a large complex company (e.g. 10,000+ employees) with a variety of line of business settings and diverse populations as well as a unionized workforce
• Experience in executing large projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Experience in working with officers and executives
• Experience with formal change management procedures
• Builds Networks
• Communicates Effectively
• Decision Quality
• Directs Work
• Drives Engagement
• Organizational Savvy
• Vendor Management
• Strategy and Direction: Develop and lead a short- and long-term Benefit strategy that balances regulatory, competitive best practice, economic and financial, business and labor related considerations. Accomplishing goals by working with experienced Law, Finance, Labor Relations, Safety and Human Resources colleagues to secure agreement on benefits and health management strategy. Secure approvals from Senior Management and Board of Directors. Develop and implement integrated plan designs and vendors including delivery of comprehensive change management plan that ensures successful implementation and participant engagement.
• Leadership: Lead teams in the design and delivery of all benefits programs. Develop and leverage the capabilities of a team of experienced subject matter experts to foster high levels of employee engagement, and collaboration across the team. Lead matrixed project teams including employees from other business areas, as assigned, to accomplish specific business objectives. • Vendor Market Expertise & Contract Management: Oversee evaluation and selection of best in class third-party administrators, vendors and providers. Develop contracts which are comprehensive, legally compliant and reflect business requirements through collaboration with Law, Sourcing, and Finance.
• Oversight of Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances, company policies and vendor contract terms in the design and operation of all benefit plans. Applicable requirements include (but are not limited to) ERISA, DOL, IRS, HIPAA, Section 125, Sarbanes-Oxley, COBRA, Medicare, medical plan VEBA, vendor performance, and internal and external audits. Ensure compliance through the timely update and maintenance of all applicable plan documents, union and vendor contracts, and employee notices and disclosures.
• Subject Matter Expert: Provide consultative, problem-solving direction to address challenging business issues, including ownership of the resolution of escalated cases. Represent company interests and obtain agreements/approvals in technical benefit proceedings including labor negotiations, regulatory proceedings, formal audits and litigation. Act as a technical resource to senior management (including the Employee Benefit Committee), Law, Finance (Including Investment & Benefit Finance and Accounting groups), Regulatory Relations, and other areas of Human Resources
• This position will manage a team of approximately 13 individuals, with four direct reports: Manager, Benefit Operations; Communication Specialist, Principle; and two Benefit Consultant principals.