Jacobs is one of the world's leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Our client portfolio includes industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
The Jacobs Northern region is experiencing a period of growth and we are looking to appoint a Senior Defence Industry Project Manager to join our Built Environment team based in our Townsville office. Reporting to the Section Leader, t he purpose of this role is to undertake defence infrastructure project management work based in Queensland as well as around Australia. As a valued member of our project management team, you will be required to run medium to large PMCA projects as well as medium to large consulting projects within Jacobs, the successful candidate will also be heavily involved in work winning activities for the Project Management Team.
You will devote your efforts to directing the success of projects through achievement of project objectives and KPI's. You will be responsible for the management and coordination of engineering, design, commissioning, quality, health and safety, finance and administration, and cost and schedule activities of the projects, as well as the development of personnel on designated areas of the projects.
This role typically involves working on two types of projects:
- Working with an external client managing their contractors, consultants and other key stakeholders
- Management of Jacobs internal projects including buildings / multidisciplinary engineering teams
The role is primarily project focused and will include but not be limited to the following typical types of activities:
- Preparation and maintenance of Project Plans (eg Project Execution Plan, Design Management Plan, Quality Plan etc)
- Set up and maintenance of the various registers (eg Risk Register, Change/Variation Register, Lessons Learned Register, etc)
- Set up of Project Calendars
- Set up and maintenance of the project controls / monitoring tools
- The timely provision of the necessary project reports
- Leading project meetings and preparing minutes
- Financial tasks
- Managing change/variations, risks/opportunities, the project organisational structure, etc
- Being responsible for the financial and commercial performance of the project. This may require specific negotiations with the client to manage these aspects of the project
- Contracts administration
Skills, abilities & experience required:
- Previous experience working within the Defence sector and/or winning Defence related projects
- Previous experience with sound understanding of Corporate Systems, Quality Management Systems and relevant company procedures
- Extensive background working with project delivery tools
- Innovative approach to delivering projects
- Previous experience providing assistance to a Team Leader in the development of a Project Management Team
- Knowledge of HSE regulations and construction standards
- Ability to identify hazards in the workplace and on site
- Driving a safety culture across of zero harm
- Ability to develop and implement the project EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) Plan which includes the safety risk assessment
At Jacobs we offer rewarding careers with ongoing development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive. We believe in collaboration and knowledge sharing, from global virtual teams to local work sharing options. Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below or call Michelle Duffy, Recruitment Lead - Northern Region + xxxxxxx xxxxxxx8 for further information.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.