Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the second consecutive year , we who provide planning, design, build, and maintenance of upstream and midstream oil and gas facilities and infrastructure. With over 5,000 employees across North America, we service exploration, production, storage, and transportation of crude oil and natural gas to end users, both offshore and onshore. We bring together many different aspects including Pipeline and Facilities groups, onshore and offshore offices, and engineering services to help meet the demands of our clients.
The individual is accountable for the full performance of every phase of a project or a group of projects. The responsibilities include strategic/tactical planning, directing, supervising and controlling all technical, fiscal and administrative functions, both home office and site, of contractual activities. A Project Manager at this level may supervise lower level Project Managers or the entire project staff.
- Develop execution strategy/plans and manage the strategic and tactical aspects of large EP/ EPC/EPCM complex projects/programs which are of company-wide interest and may involve traveling, relocation or operating from a satellite office
- Be the Safety Leader for the project and promote Jacobs Beyond Zero culture
- As a Project Manager, manage all aspects of a EPC/CM project, including development of the scope of work, schedule, and the engineering procurement and construction budget
- Utilize your skills and expertise to properly establish the project foundation based on a comprehensive understanding of the client's scope of work, budget, schedule and contractual terms and conditions
- Schedule and manage resources to attain cost and schedule certainty and the major project/program objectives
- Assume full P&L responsibility for project
- Make responsible, strategic decisions on matters in the implementation of major projects and/or programs subject to company objectives, policy and financial controls.
- Apply your leadership skills to manage client and internal change; accountable to client and Jacobs for successful control and project outcome
- As a Leader, clearly communicate project status in terms of cost, schedule, scope and quality, in a manner consistent with client requirements
- As the Jacobs focal point for the project, develop and maintain positive relationships with client personnel at all levels of management, including support and participation in presentations to client's executive management team
- Encourage and implement successful work share execution for all engineering work
- Drive operational excellence by utilizing Calgary work instruction and Jacobs' standard operating procedures
- In a collaborative manner develop and expand our client portfolio, including support for Business Development efforts
- Support continuous improvement for project management/execution systems, work processes and procedures
- Assist in the training of project management staff
- Proactively participate in project reviews and audits
- A minimum of 15years of project management experience, with 10 years specific to Heavy Oil Projects
- BS or MS degree, significant technical expertise, and demonstrated record of leading project teams to success as a Project Manager is required
- Possess an expert level of competency in project management and the ability to identify/avoid potential problems or mitigate as they occur is required
- Experience should include managing multiple $200+ Million TIC Projects in the Heavy Oil industry preferred
- Strong communication and leadership skills with detailed familiarity with project management tools, work share and effective leadership skills preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.