Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
- Administrative review of various types of classified and unclassified agreements.
- Processing, (review and provide recommendations) of facility security clearances.
- Review of various documents for accuracy and provide recommendations if documents meet certain criteria, and providing written recommendations for corrections or approval.
- Assist in validating security classification guidance for classified contract performance.
- Assist in resolving customer problems related to classified information and/or classified guidance.
- Coordinate additional administrative security requirements as necessary with appropriate government customers.
- Using the Defense Security Service (DSS) Industrial Security Facilities Database (ISFD), verify facility security clearances and storage capabilities of contractors performing classified work.
- Assist in the updating and purging of administrative files
- Assist in revising, enhancing and maintaining Industrial Security's admin spreadsheet
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires BA or BS in appropriate discipline plus three (3) to five (5) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
- Requires current certification as Facility Security Officer.
- Previous experience with Communications Security (COMSEC) is required.
- Position supports all aspects of a Defense Industrial Security Program to include; physical/technical security, personnel security, and investigations.
- Position will support TOSC Security and act as Facility Security Officer for Aerodyne.
- Suitable experience ranging from basic knowledge, to positions requiring extensive knowledge and skills Security Clearance/Review processes.
- Demonstrated skill level and proficiency in all aspects of the security/business environment and broad familiarity with business, finance, procurement and contract terminology and processes.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office products, Internet browsers, and outlook.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all "drug free workplace" requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.