Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
Minimum of two (2) years college or vocational training in engineering, supply chain, logistics, or other related discipline plus twelve (12) years relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education/ experience for total of fourteen (14) years.
- Coordinate Logistics requirements to include supply support, packaging, handling, storage, and transportation requirements for customers.
- Applies knowledge of customer requirements, including business and cultural requirements; supplier capabilities; product configuration: manufacturing processes and documentation; and governmental regulations related to material issues, shipments and receipts.
- Act as a liaison to expedite issues of spares, loans, or transfers needed to support operations.
- Take ownership, from a Logistics perspective, of assigned system to oversee plans for required spares and provisioning. Research assigned system to assure supportability. Research is accomplished through reading drawings, requirements documents, and safety reports, as well as PeopleSoft inventory and other databases.
- Function as part of the design team for new or modified systems, and participate in team meetings, design reviews, and other meetings.
- Responsible for creation of Logistics Support Analysis on newly designed or modified systems.
- Support TOSC engineering and Shops through research of available materials, suggested alternate materials, and requirements definition for materials to be procured.
- Become an effective liaison with internal organizations and external firms or agencies.
- Prepare a variety of formal and informal reports for both internal and external distribution. Work produced represents analytical skills within defined areas.
- Coordinate, compile, and prepare a variety of management related information utilizing extensive contacts with external agencies to interpret and recommend action.
- Present status of assigned system in review meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings required.
- Experience working in a logistics or engineering environment required.
- Experience supporting an aerospace or military program required.
- Experience preparing a spares analysis, logistics support analysis, product support analysis or supportability analysis required.
- Experience with TOSC logistics and enterprise computer systems a plus.
- Ability to read and analyze 3D CAD files a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Experience with MS Office: Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook required.
- Ideally seeking someone capable of functioning as a Lead in the future.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in performing research.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all "drug free workplace" requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.