Our Nationwide Global Buildings Design team consists of 2500 professionals focused on leadership in technology, process innovation, and sustainability. Jacobs ranks #1 in the Engineering/Architecture, Construction Management, and BIM-Engineering categories; and is also leading Engineering Design firm in the Healthcare, Data Center, University, Government and Corporate Commercial sector. We provide award winning planning, architecture, interior design, engineering, construction management, program management, and design-build of new buildings; as well as expansion, renovation and refurbishment of existing facilities for public and private sector clients. Our collaborative approach allows us successfully deliver fully integrated professional services for a broad range of clients and project types worldwide.
At Jacobs our Mechanical engineers provide a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. The engineer will be responsible for providing system design: calculations and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external) under the guidance of more senior technical staff. The Engineer will take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned to you. Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability to progress from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team.
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed
- Assists senior engineer and/or senior designer in the on-going determination of project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
- Performs construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports
- Assists the senior engineer / senior designer in processing RFI's, Change Orders
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
- Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Bachelor Degree in Architectural Engineering (BSAE) required
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the HVAC Engineering field required.
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way, both in person and in writing required
- Attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork required
- Experience working in a corporate engineering environment, Internship or CO-OP preferred
- Experience in Revit, 3D CADD preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.