Our Nationwide Global Buildings Design team consists of 2500 professionals focused on leadership in technology, process innovation, and sustainability. Jacobs ranks #1 in the Engineering/Architecture, Construction Management, and BIM-Engineering categories; and is also leading Engineering Design firm in the Healthcare, Data Center, University, Government and Corporate Commercial sector. We provide award winning planning, architecture, interior design, engineering, construction management, program management, and design-build of new buildings; as well as expansion, renovation and refurbishment of existing facilities for public and private sector clients. Our collaborative approach allows us successfully deliver fully integrated professional services for a broad range of clients and project types worldwide.
At Jacobs our Mechanical Designers work on various projects as assigned by a Project Manager or Lead Engineer. This position will play a role in the entire design process including but not limited to preliminary assessments, concept creation, design, problem resolution, drawing and specification production, and customer and vendor accessibility. The Designer may work on several concurrent projects and at times may assist as a technical expert on a specialized design.
- Assists design concepts; prepares documents during design development phase and detail design phases.
- Prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
- Uses computer aided design technologies to develop sketches, drawings, and construction documents.
- Works with equipment suppliers/vendors to obtain the necessary information needed for design completion.
- Interacts with clients regularly to secure scope and design intent.
- Ensure acceptable levels of quality and checks for coordination of work to assure documents reflect design intent and necessary coordination.
- Coordinate all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Coordinates design work with related engineering disciplines.
- Attend job and construction meetings and participate in the coordination of the work.
- Technical or Associate Degree from an accredited technical institution or college in mechanical engineering/design Required
- General knowledge of all aspects of mechanical systems Required
- Two plus years of experience in a MEP Design Environment Required
- 2 years working experience with Revit, AutoCAD or other mechanical software.
- Has a demonstrated ability to solve problems, communicate effectively to all key personnel, manage time efficiently, and produce correct design within budgeted time Preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.