Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Participates in the design of a process unit, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design.
- Participates in a team environment on assigned projects executing process engineering deliverables
- Participates in the development of projects from conception through detailed design, including, in some cases, commissioning and startup assistance in the field
- Participates in design efforts including establishing process design basis, development of process options, and optimization of selected designs
- May assist to complete Material and Energy Balances of processes and unit operations
- Completes design calculations such as; pump hydraulics, line sizing, heat duty, and relief devices
- Aids in the development of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs) including instrumentation and control considerations
- Supports the development of General Arrangement Layout drawings
- Effectively communicates with the project team and the client
- This position requires 0 to 2 years of relevant engineering or operational experience
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
- EIT strongly preferred
- Anticipated travel is 10-15%
- No relocation or temporary living assistance being offered
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.