Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
- Candidate will be responsible for leading projects, defining scope and responsibilities, leading a team of engineers/designers.
- Will be required to thoroughly check drawings for design intent and check Bill of Materials.
- Must ensure drawings and deliverables meet the scope and client expectations.
- Support procurements activities, including coordination with vendors and vendor drawings review.
- Support contractor reviews, and installation planning activities.
- Individual will travel globally for machine installation, check out and start up
- Candidate will plan the work, and track and report work in progress.
- Will lead a design team for projects, and work with other disciplines to assure the project design is complete and accurate.
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering required.
- 10 to 12 years' of related experience in the consumer products industry or any related industry is required. Experience with an engineering consulting firm is a plus.
- Candidate should possess good experience on air systems, which include high vacuum systems, low vacuum systems, forced air systems, dust collection equipment like bag filters, RACF (reverse air flow cleaning filters), cartridge filters, trim collectors etc., vacuum material handling and vacuum conveying system concepts.
- Knowledge of spark suppression and explosion suppression systems is preferred.
- Experience on installation and duct traverse flow data collection would be added advantage.
- Candidate must be able to calculate air balance, mass balance, line sizing, duct sizing, process vacuum requirements based on functions, and system pressure drop calculations.
- Knowledge of international standards such as AMCA, ASHRAE , SMANCA ACGIL are required.
- Should be able to select and size the fans, duct, and other air system elements like cyclones, filters etc.
- Candidate must possess good communication skills and be able to successfully interact with clients on global projects.
- Microsoft Office experience is required.
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience is preferred.
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.