The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting to the Senior Project Designer, Project Manager, or Architecture Discipline Director, this role will work closely with architectural design and technical leadership as well as engineering discipline project leads to design, develop, document, observe, and administer the construction of complex program driven facilities.
- Plans, programs, designs, authors, coordinates, and supervises construction of building projects for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources
- Directs, supervises and checks activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project
- Interacts with client, client representatives, and constructors regarding technical aspects of project design, delivery, or construction
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and revising project budgets and schedules
- Prepares or assists in preparing project professional service budget estimates and design schedules
- Monitors the progress of design work and facilitates adjustments in the work flow to maintain performance
- Monitors architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the projected project construction cost
- Researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval
- Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with Detailed Design Documents
- May prepare client project presentations studies, and reports
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans
- 15+ years' related experience in building design is required
- BA/BS or Bachelors in Architecture is required
- Masters in Architecture is desired
- Registered Architect in the U.S. and other countries with applicable requirements is desired
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams is required
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office suite is required
- Travel is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.