Jacobs is one of the world's leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Our client portfolio includes industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
JACOBS Queensland is renowned for the excellence of our technical consulting and project delivery expertise. With a wealth of projects in the pipeline we are seeking to recruit a Design Manager to provide civil engineering design management and project leadership to support growth in our Civil Aviation business. Reporting to the Section Leader Civil & Aviation and based in South Brisbane, your primary focus will be to lead and provide technical input and direction to the design team.
Key accountabilities include:
- Actively promote and demonstrate a strong safety culture in project design and working environment
- Manage and undertake technical reviews of deliverables
- Attend and participate in project and client meetings
- Contribute to marketing opportunities for new business
- Project manage design and/or construction projects in accordance with Jacobs systems and processes
- Compliance with all requirements of the design quality system
- Work with Client Managers, the Section Managers and Director of Operations to implement the Jacobs Client Relationship Strategy, Client Management Plans and Business Unit Business Plan
- Maintain and build on existing client relationships through an understanding of client needs and effective communication
- Support and promote a strong service delivery to internal and external clients
You will have substantial experience in Civil Engineering and be competent in various aspects of the design process, construction methods and interface requirements of multi-disciplinary projects. You will have a solid track record in managing and motivating large multi-disciplinary teams. Essential to the role will be your thorough understanding and demonstrated application of project commercial management and negotiation skills. Your extensive experience working within a Design and Construction project delivery environment will see you successfully slotting in to the day to day activities with a complex project environment. In addition, you will be:
- A qualified Civil Engineer with professional recognition (Membership of Institute of Engineers Australia)
- Eligible for registration as Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland within 6 months of employment
- Current knowledge of local engineering methods, applicable codes and specifications associated with civil engineering infrastructure projects
At Jacobs we offer rewarding careers with ongoing development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive. We believe in collaboration and knowledge sharing, from global virtual teams to local work sharing options. Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below or call Michelle Duffy, Recruitment Lead - Northern Region + xxxxxxx xxxxxxx8 for further information. #LI-MD1
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.