Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology arm of Jacobs Engineering (NYSE:JEC), one of the largest engineering and technical service companies in the United States. Jacobs has partnered with NASA to support space flight programs for more than 40 years and held the predecessor Engineering and Science Contract (ESC) since 2005. We look forward to continuing that work as the prime contractor for the JSC Engineering, Technology, and Science (JETS) contract along with our eleven teammate companies to provide engineering, scientific and technical contract services at NASA's Johnson Space Center (Houston, TX). JETS provides products and technical services related to human operations in space through development and integration of a broad spectrum of engineering requirements. This includes human spacecraft flight and flight development products, human exploration mission planning for NASA, institution support services, and new technology development. At Jacobs, we believe that people are our greatest asset, and that is why we offer a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths.
Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for a Rendezvous and Proximity Operations Simulation Engineer, with Aerodyne, a JETS teammate company.
The Rendezvous and Proximity Operations Simulation Engineer will provide development of rendezvous and proximity operations (RPO) GN&C simulation models, verification and validation (V&V) of simulation products, and analysis of flight performance during RPO for ISS Commercial Visiting Vehicle missions.
The Rendezvous and Proximity Operations Simulation Engineer will
- Support the development and implementation of GN&C algorithms and mission sequencing for simulations of spacecraft rendezvous and proximity operations with the ISS.
- Perform and document simulation verification and validation (V&V).
- Identify team simulation tasks, resolve simulation related issues, and assist team members.
- Directly interact with the NASA customers, along with various NASA support contractors, during technical meetings and working groups.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering school with ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a Master's degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of direct engineering experience.
- Proficiency in Linux, C/C++, Git, and Python
- Familiarity with 6-DOF simulation and MATLAB/Simulink
- Familiarity with simulation verification and validation
- The ability to apply knowledge and experience to timely completion of excellent products and services is required
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and independent problem solving are required
- Strong leadership skills
• Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink
• Familiarity with:
- JSC TRICK Simulation Environment
- EDGE or DOUG
Experience with the following is also beneficial:
• Orbital mechanics and GN&C principles
• Spacecraft rendezvous, proximity operations, and docking
• NASA flight operations and procedures
Why Work for JETS?
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Benefits Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Don't miss out on this great opportunity; for immediate consideration, apply now! ( xxxxxxx ).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
To the best of my knowledge, I meet the requirements to successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.