Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
Jacobs' Wisconsin Manufacturing and Machine Design Department (Appleton and Green Bay, WI) hires interns each summer. The duties of these internships provide meaningful work experience and business knowledge to college students in their chosen field.
- Develops complex working drawings within company and industry codes and standards, from equipment specifications and detailed drawings
- Uses, directly or indirectly, computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools
- Assists field verification and start-up assignments
- Attends safety training on BeyondZero Orientation, Office Safety, Safe Work Practices
- Attends shadowing sessions with engineers and designers on the team
- Reviews proposal work processes
- Provides support to staff members as needed
- Requires a fundamental understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field of mechanical engineering
- Candidates should be self-motivated professionals in their sophomore or junior year in college and pursuing a Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, decision making capabilities, interpersonal skills, problem resolution skills, and a sense of initiative are important
- CAD skills - AutoCAD/SolidWorks experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products required
- Capable of adjusting to CHANGE
- Capable of maintaining relationships with clients
- No relocation or temporary living assistance being offered
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.