Jacobs is actively seeking a MS Project scheduler to support our client, the Marine Corps Systems Command (MARCORSYSCOM), Program Manager Training Systems (PM TRASYS). The candidate's primary duty is providing direct support to members of the Program Management Office (PMO) executive staff in Orlando, FL. The scheduler will directly support the Assistant Program Manager - Programs (APM-P) and individual USMC Program Managers in the development of their training system program schedules.
Candidate Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with client Program Managers to develop individual Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and incorporate Future Year Defense Plan (FYDP) timeframes for each of the projects in the PM TRASYS project portfolio through the assessment of all acquisition lifecycle and milestone events of each program.
- Include activities for each program office competency (i.e. Contracts, Engineering, Logistics, Finance, and Program Management) in program IMS.
- Assess current processes and develop standard business rules for the utilization and updating of IMS across the program office. Prepare updates to reflect the new program requirements.
- Create IMS templates for use by program Integrated Project Team(s) to schedule activities.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and Management or related field from an accredited college or university and six (6) or more years of progressive and relevant experience in office management or administration required.
- Program support experience in a DoD Program Management Office environment is desired.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision is required.
- Must be capable of exercising discretion and applying independent judgement with respect to PMO matters of significance.
- Experience with the defense system acquisition lifecycle is very desirable.
- Familiarity with Future Year Defense Plan (FYDP) timelines is highly desirable.
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Project or Microsoft Enterprise Project Server.
- Experience with the MS Office software suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel) with SharePoint is desirable.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- At least a favorable National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) is required. A DoD Secret or higher clearance is preferred.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle or within a NOC (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. The position is located in Orlando, FL.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.