Battery Cell Integration Lab (BCIL) Test Scheduler is responsible for supporting the Battery Lab testing through the coordination and scheduling of incoming tests. The scheduler will also have the responsibility of tracking and maintaining the inventory of test equipment, harnesses, fixtures and other test related materials. You will be required to learn basic electrical lab safety in order to work in the Battery Test Lab.
- Tracking test progress and keeping the laboratory lead and test requestors appraised of the status of their testing
- Tracking incoming test requests to make sure they are complete and processed in a timely manner
- Monitoring the testing queue and insuring upcoming tests a properly prepared and the requestors are ready for testing
- Calling the requestors as needed to insure they are informed and prepared to support their testing in order to minimize lost facility time
- Elevating test issue to staff and requestors supervisors as needed to insure issues are resolved quickly
- Log, monitor and track all the lab support and test equipment (This includes equipment sent to outside labs to support testing)
- Keeping detailed records to insure communications are tracked to avoid conflicts
- Notify test lead when workload is slow and wiliness to provide support in other areas as requested
- Support safety initiatives and comply with all Environmental, Health, & Safety, and ISO documented procedures
- Experience in a lab or inventory related environment
- Good commination skills and not afraid to make contact with people and follow up repeatedly
- Methodical and organized and able to keep good records; ability to identify information that should be tracked to provide backup to support conversations with clients
- Ability to work with people but willing to stand your ground and insure the laboratory issues get timely attention; willing to elevate issues as soon as they arise even though clients might get upset
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, taking direction from multiple sources as needed
- Basic MS Office skills in Word and Excel required
Lifting - parts, cables, and light weight instrumentation, up to 50 lbs- 60%
Special Clothing - safety glasses, gloves, hardened toe slip resistant shoes, 100%
High Noise Level - high noise in some work areas, requiring use of hearing protection, 25%
Sitting (75%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), stooping (25%)
Job requires manual labor
Inside test facility, 100%
Hazardous Conditions - energized samples, rotating parts, 50%
Equipment and Machines
Computers, copy machines, fax machines, 95%
Tools - hand tools, multi-meters, and other electrical diagnostic devices, 10%
Dayshift, but must be able to support our flexible test schedule into other shifts and/or weekends, 100%
Attendance is critical, 100%
Punctuality is critical, 100%
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary. Must have flexibility of work days to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must have a Valid Driver license, pass a drug screen, background check, and health performance evaluation.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.