Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
The candidate will be required to function in a significant role, with potential as an overall lead or area lead, in executing the process engineering for projects of various sizes, ranging from 10MM to 500MM+ TIC. Project types will vary from retro-fits to greenfield facility design and will primarily be in the various pharmaceutical industries, including Biotech (mammalian and microbial), Fill Finish, Oral Solid Dosage (OSD), API and others. This position has lead responsibility for technical direction of a group of engineers and also functions as a technical specialist. The qualified individual is capable of developing solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity. They participate in the design of a process unit, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design.
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Develops basis of design for various phases of the project
- Develops process flow diagrams and define heat and material balance
- Calculates and organizes data for process flow sheets including instrumentation and control considerations
- Process calculations, including but not limited to relief, thermal and hydraulic
- Models processes and units operations
- Ensures proper sequence of operation
- Prepares specifications and operating instructions for processing equipment
- Design of clean utility systems, e.g WFI, Purified Water, Clean Steam, Nitrogen, including sizing and system specifications
- Develops process data sheets for process equipment for the various pharmaceutical sub industries listed above, e.g. bioreactors, fermenters, chromatography columns, , fillers, autoclaves, tanks, pumps, fluid bed dryers, lyophilizers, etc
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- Minimum 10 years of related experience required
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering required
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or other FDA regulated industry is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.