Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine, we primarily serve the oil & gas, refining & petrochemical and chemicals industries providing engineering and construction of some of the world's largest refinery and petrochemical complexes. Our services include execution of major revamps and grassroots projects across petroleum refining, gas processing, liquefied natural gas, and associated offsite and environmental facilities worldwide.
This is a section lead or department manager position. Supervisory and administrative responsibility over a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced concepts, techniques, and standards. Responsibilities include assuring effective utilization of engineering personnel, and technical quality.
- Accomplishes results through engineering employees within one discipline.
- Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and schedules.
- Responsible for all projects assigned to unit.
- Frequent contacts with equivalent level managers concerning projects, operational decisions or scheduling requirements.
- Administer performance evaluations.
- Approve work, timesheets or leads or other engineers.
- Attend meetings with executive leadership team.
- Conduct and lead meetings with clients and subcontractors.
- Lead meetings with engineers in the piping engineering department.
- 15 or more years of Pipe Stress, Specifications, Requisitions, and Material Selection
- Working knowledge of Support Design and Weldments
- Experience with CAESAR II
- Proven abilities in management and performance of staff
- Basic knowledge of construction capabilities and techniques
- P.E. Registration required (any state)
- Deep knowledge of B31.3 and other industry codes and standards
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.