JACOBS Queensland is renowned for the excellence of our technical consulting and project delivery expertise. With a wealth of projects in the pipeline we are seeking to recruit a Principal Civil Design Manager to provide civil engineering design management and project leadership to support growth in Defence and Transport business. Reporting to the Section Leader Civil & Aviation and based in South Brisbane, your primary focus will be to lead and provide technical input and direction to the design team.
Key accountabilities include:
- Actively promote and demonstrate a strong safety culture in project design and working environment
- Manage and undertake technical reviews of deliverables
- Attend and participate in project and client meetings
- Contribute to marketing opportunities for new business
- Project manage design and/or construction projects in accordance with Jacobs systems and processes
- Compliance with all requirements of the design quality system
- Work with Client Managers, the Section Managers and Director of Operations to implement the Jacobs Client Relationship Strategy, Client Management Plans and Business Unit Business Plan.
- Maintain and build on existing client relationships through an understanding of client needs and effective communication
- Support and promote a strong service delivery to internal and external clients
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to manage and motivate large multi-disciplinary teams
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated application of project commercial management and negotiation skills
- Experience borne from 'hands on' design approach from a broad base of civil engineering elements and projects
- Experience with working in a Design and Construction project delivery environment
- Qualified Civil Engineer with professional recognition (Membership of Institute of Engineers Australia)
- Eligible for registration as Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland within 6 months of employment
- Substantial experience in Civil Engineering
- Current knowledge of local engineering methods, applicable codes and specifications associated with civil engineering infrastructure projects with strong background in either, defence, health or non-process infrastructure
- Experience with various aspects of the design process, construction methods and interface requirements of multi-disciplinary projects
As part of a high-performing, delivery focused team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a wide range of talented individuals. We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative environment and flexible work practices that focus on well-being, diversity and inclusion.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking that next step in their career and motivated in making a mark in the industry. Apply online by clicking on the link below or call Michelle Duffy, Recruitment Lead - Northern Region + xxxxxxx xxxxxxx8 for further information.
Applicants submitted by recruitment agencies will not be considered.