The Challenge? Help support our Transit and Rail clients and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
This position performs a variety of engineering and construction contract administration work during the implementation phase of large infrastructure projects. Project objectives are set, optimum risk allocations understood and articulated, contract requirements defined, contract documentation maintained, project correspondence drafted, project changes are negotiated and project claims are defended. The incumbent has deep knowledge of multiple subject areas and disciplines in the transportation sector as required to implement long linear infrastructure; thorough understanding of business objectives, priorities, and strategy for own area; and understands industry.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- With minimal supervision, the individual is responsible for independently applying advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods related to AFP contract administration after Financial Close.
- Reviews and responds to project and program correspondence, negotiates project Variations and defends project claims.
- May provide commercial and contract administration guidance to project controls team, and Technical Advisor.
- Work requires extensive progressive experience in general engineering and especially construction contract management.
- Able to interact with senior clients and articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Leading the review and response to project correspondence
- Interfacing with the Technical Advisor as it applies to implementation of the Project Specific Output Specifications
- Attendance at multiple, different, technical and commercial project working groups
- Assisting client in interpretation of Project Agreement, including assessment of contract variations and payment issues
- Negotiating variations and defending claims during project implementation
- Leading CH2M's compliance, monitoring or commissioning activities during construction period
- Coordination with legal and financial advisors
- Certifying payment and evaluating Construction Period Payments and applicable deductions
- Assessing Substantial Completion
- May include:
- Review and/or development of Reference Concept Design
- Review and/or development of RFQ, and RFP documentation including Project Agreement
- Assessing compliance of Alternative Financing Procurement Projects
- Compliance review of awarded project agreements as capital projects continue to evolve.
- BS or MS graduate of an engineering discipline or similar applicable technical discipline.
- 10 to 15 years experience.
- Professional Engineer or similar professional license an advantage.
- Experience with P3 contracts required, experience on transit/highway AFPs preferred
- Sound understanding of alternative project delivery
- Track record working with senior levels of government and of working in integrated legal / financial / technical teams
- Highway and transit sectors engineering experience required
- Experience in risk identification, allocation, and quantification particularly for projects with operations and maintenance / life-cycle component preferred
- Knowledge of PPP project structuring preferred
Job Location CH2M, Toronto
Toronto, ON CA
View on Google maps