Mission Statement: Ensure the Service portfolio is delivered effectively according to ABB standard processes and
safety guidelines to satisfy customers. Execute technical support, act as specialist and solve
problems in own expertise area. Proactively communicate both with the customer and ABB sales
teams to ensure customer needs are understood and business opportunities utilized for Service
Main Accountabilities: 1. Service delivery Provides technical support and solves problems in own expertise area via
remote or on-site service in any Service category (installation and
commissioning; maintenance; repairs; engineering and consulting;
advanced services; extensions, upgrades and retrofits; end of life services,
2. Consulting Investigates customer needs through professional consulting. Provides
technical consulting on Service solutions to management and customers.
3. Innovation Determines effective Service applications, equipment and methods to
develop, market or manufacture new Service offerings to respond to
customer requirements cost effectively.
4. Customer approach Manages customer relationships and maintains regular contacts with key
customers. Identifies new sales opportunities, proactively communicating
both with the customer and ABB sales teams to ensure customer needs are
understood and business opportunities utilized for Service growth.
Conducts specialist support and advisory service for Sales team.
5. Projects Coordinates and performs specialist Service projects in relevant areas
internally and externally (e.g. create milestones, project plan, cost
supervision, action steps, project reviews, project supervision) including all
6. Documentation and reports Prepares all documents and reports to be signed by the customer
representative. Reports work done in a timely manner and follows up when
7. Continuous improvement Proactively identifies suggestions for product and quality improvement and
communicates them further in the ABB organization. Provides
recommendations to management to improve operations and customer
8. Technical coordination Provides technical specialist leadership and coordination for the Service
team. Plans activities in a timely and cost-effective way. Coordinates the
work of internal and external technicians and assigns them specific tasks
related to Service needs. Monitors performance.
9. Health and safety Applies safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental
responsibilities. Reports unsafe practices and incidents.