Help our communities stay on the move by providing signal engineering support for our client’s public transportation electronic payment projects and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
CH2M is currently seeking an Electronic Payment Systems/Fare Policy Consultant
for our North American transit and rail team. The payment of transit fares using a smart card or mobile application is increasingly common in North America. CH2M’s Electronic Payment Systems group helps transit agencies negotiate this complex and rapidly evolving market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support CH2M’s Transportation Business Group in the design, development, and implementation of electronic transit fare payment systems
- Support a small group of professionals within the Electronic Payment Systems team focused on fare policy analyses
- Undertaking peer agency reviews, requirements capture, developing fare policy, pricing or operational alternatives, forecasting fare revenue & developing technical reports, some work with the broader Electronic Payment Systems team is likely
- Development of strategic planning documents, technical specifications, procurement packages, engineer’s estimates and financial analyses
- The location of this position is flexible, with a focus on building our team in West Coast markets including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland and Seattle, this position is anticipated to require 10%-30% travel, which will depend on project needs
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. Minimum Qualifications
- BS or MS in Transportation Planning, Transportation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Economics, Geography, or similar degree
- Work closely and collaboratively with coworkers, client staff and contractor representatives
- 3-6 years of recent, professional experience in a technical or operational role
- Basic understanding of project management concepts with a desire to further develop these skills, these project management skills would include development of work scope, delivery schedules, project budgeting, resource management and forecasting
- Strong technical writing experience, with an ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences (writing sample will be requested if selected for an interview)
- Electronic payments industry and/or transit/transportation experience
- Electronic payments, transit service planning, transit operations, or financial analysis/forecasting desirable
- Previous experience in a consulting environment, focused on executing multiple client projects simultaneously
- Previous experience/knowledge of Title VI requirements as it relates to transit agencies is desirable
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws