POSITION TITLE: Electrical Commissioning Engineer
LOCATION: Beaumont, Texas NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client, an operating company is looking to hire an Electrical Commissioning Engineer on a direct hire basis located in Beaumont, Texas. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Handle commissioning and test substation automation systems
- Prepare test plans, supervise and coordinate commissioning activities for Power Transformers, Voltage Regulators, CB's, PT’s, CT’s, HV Switches and Station Service Equipment and AC/DC System such as UPS, Chargers, Batteries and Transfer Switches.
- Perform primary and secondary testing of instrument transformers, polarity and ratio check.
- Oversee setting-up and testing of protection relays for HV feeders, power transformers and generators, and measurement centers.
- Handle testing of MV switchboards including the apparatus e.g. circuit breaker, disconnecting switches, grounding switches, VT‘s
- Responsible in testing of DC power supply system including the batteries, the chargers and switchboards.
- Handle testing of UPS system including the batteries, the UPS units and switchboards, loop test to control and supervise the computerized system, fault recorder
- Perform scheme test or functional test, testing of inter-trip panel and tripping matrix and monitor testing of mechanical and electrical interlocking schemes.
- Supervise the setting and testing of the protection of the main step-up and auxiliary power transformer e.g. oil and winding temperature and gas pressure.
- Handles testing the controls of the main step-up and auxiliary power transformers including the on-load tap changer and monitor the testing of Generator Control Panel such as its synchronization, excitation AVR, etc.
- Ensure that the pre-commissioning obligations of the project are carried out in accordance with the terms of contract, quality and schedule in conformance with good practice of commissioning standards.
- Ensures operation and performance are in compliance with the design criteria.
- Define and review method and action to ensure proper operations of equipment, system and plant.
- Prepare the handover request of system or sub-system and managing the handover process between the Erection team and the Commissioning team.
- Manage the documentation for electrical commissioning.
- Ensure all quality control records are progressively accumulated, indexed and available to support a phased systematic acceptance.
- Plan, liaise, manage, coordinate and supervise the certification of systems such as gas analysis, instrumentation, grounding system, etc.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 10 – 15 years of experience in Electrical Power Systems Substation Automation and Commissioning of Industrial Automation System with Microprocessors Experience of Project Completions systems, Change Control systems, and the compiling of Commissioning dossiers.
- Extensive knowledge of Major Electrical Power and Industrial System Applications, understand Electrical Power Protection and Control System, Substation Automation and SCADA / RTU System.
- Field experience
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.