Jacobs Global Field Services is a premier provider of construction, maintenance and capital project solutions. With an ever expanding workforce of both direct hire craft and professional staff, Jacobs Global Field Services provides support to clients in petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer products, pulp and paper, automotive, mining and metals business lines across multiple markets.
As an Electrician for Jacobs, you will be responsible for the maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairs of electrical systems. Thorough knowledge in safe maintenance work practices of electrical systems and equipment with voltages up to 600 volts. The ideal candidate will possess a very strong understanding of variable frequency drives, industrial controls troubleshooting skills, root-cause analysis skills, and the ability to read and interpret schematics, mechanical drawings, blueprints, and ladder diagrams.
- Thorough knowledge in the safe operation and safe maintenance work practices of electrical systems and equipment with voltages up to 600 volts.
- Knowledge of appropriate electrical safety procedures, and use of proper protective measures for working on or near high voltage systems.
- Install, troubleshoot and repair hard-wired Control Logic and PLC control systems.
- Diagnose electrical power, motor and control problems and failures utilizing a variety of electrical test equipment.
- Install and repair conduit, cable and wiring systems up to 600 volts.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory with experience in both AC and DC systems, and control circuitry.
- High proficiency in reading and understanding electrical schematics, one-line, logic, and interconnection diagrams and drawings.
- Proficiency in the safe use of electrical test meters, instruments, computers and recorders.
- Knowledge and experience in low voltage (480 V) AC motors and control; AC variable frequency drives; and DC motors and control. Significant PLC control experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience in low voltage power distribution systems and equipment including transformers, circuit breakers and protective relaying and fusing.
- Knowledge of process instrumentation used for level, pressure, flow and position control. Calibrate and service process monitoring instruments.
- Must be able to perform preventive maintenance and repairs procedures on all types of electrical and electronic systems, both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolding, lift equipment at height.
- Must be willing to work minimal rotating days with overtime as required.
- Outdoor maintenance duties are required and are subject to prevailing inclement weather conditions.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Candidate will have a Certificate of Completion of an accredited apprenticeship program or equivalent formal training.
- Preferred candidate will have a minimum of 10 years electrical maintenance experience within the mining industry or heavy industry.
- Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Repetitive Motion