Jacobs is one of the world's leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Our client portfolio includes industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
Due to the award of new projects, we are seeking and experienced Engineering Geologist to grow our Geotechnical team in Melbourne. Reporting to the Geotechnical Section Leader, our local expertise covers a diverse range of geotechnical areas, including geotechnical investigations, foundation design, excavations and tunnelling, dam engineering, ground improvement, earthworks, landslide and slope stability assessments and maritime geotechnics.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide technical experience involving design, geotechnical investigation and interpretation, on multidisciplinary projects across Jacobs's infrastructure, mining, gas, power and water utilities sectors
- Input into proposals and technical reports to assist the team to develop opportunities to win work
- Support the growth within geotechnical business through team collaboration and mentoring
To achieve success in this role you will have
- Experience in a similar role with significant experience working in a Consultancy environment
- Relevant qualification in Geology / Engineering Geology
- Familiarity with geotechnical standards and relevant design software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multiple discipline environment
- Thorough understanding and application of HSEC requirements and industry approaches
- Ability to manage medium sized projects (up to 5,000 man hours) to required cost, time and quality benchmarks.
- Experience in the engineering geology of Melbourne and /or experience with geotechnical design of earthworks/pavements will be highly regarded
At Jacobs we offer rewarding careers with ongoing development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive. We believe in collaboration and knowledge sharing, from global virtual teams to local work sharing options.
Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note: If you are being represented by recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs. #LI-JC1