Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Within our Water Utilities Group in Croydon we are looking for a Senior Network Modelling Engineer to assist in the continued growth of our Water business across the UK. Applicants must have a proven track record in undertaking feasibility studies on water networks and have the ability to mentor other project team members for a number of UK Clients.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Driving health and safety through everything we do.
- Assisting with the development of the Water Networks business in the UK including building Client relationships.
- Developing a team of junior network modellers and engineers
- Delivering scopes of work to quality standards, agreed budget and time frames.
- Minimum of a Degree or Honours Degree in an engineering, geography-related or numerate analytical discipline
- Chartered status or close to attainment of chartered status (ideally ICE/CIWEM).
- Proven ability to deliver water networks projects, liaising directly with clients and mentoring other project team members.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of standard industry clean water hydraulic modelling software, including use for calibration and feasibility/design of solutions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of source to tap operation of water distribution networks, including regulatory requirements and demand variations,
- Strong analytical skills with experience of data management, processing and analysis through use of GIS, database and spreadsheet software.
- Good technical report writing skills and ability to review the work of others and provide constructive feedback.
- Familiar with current industry best practice and able to actively contribute to innovation in this field of expertise
- Flexibility in terms of travel (UK, Ireland, and international).
- Client meetings and site visits as required.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.