CH2M is building our Life Science’s team, come help us transform tomorrow.
As Sr. Project Manager your specific areas of focus should be in the pharmaceutical & biotech industries including sterile fill, potent compounds, oral solid dosage and cell therapy. This person should have strong client relationships and be able to design clean rooms with consideration for cross contamination, isolation and validation requirements associated with this industry. A minimum of 10 years’ experience is required in this area. This person needs to be able to function as a lead HVAC engineer and client interface. They must have good communication and people skills. In this role they will be expected to interface with the client to define the project requirements. In addition they will be expected to interface with the GVL office where the majority of the work will be executed.
Responsibilities would include:
• Support new business development (BD) efforts by preparing and making presentations to potential clients. Competent in the writing of qualifications and proposals.
• Preparation and monitoring of engineering design estimates and design schedules.
• Monitoring/checking of the quality of the deliverables being produced by the design team.
• Knowledgeable in the design of HVAC systems for life sciences industries.
• Working closely with the client in the development of the design criteria for projects.
• Working closely with the GVL office where the majority of the design work will be executed.
• Development of conceptual design and preliminary design documents which would include calculations related to sizing and selecting of these systems, the development of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), and general arrangements.
• Development of final design documents including specification, sequences of operation as well as the piping layout and final construction documents associated with these systems.
• Thorough knowledge of codes and cGMPs, and ISPE baseline standards related to the design of these types of facilities and systems.
• Must be able to execute tasks within budget and scope.
• Will assist in the development of junior personnel.
• Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
• Must have the ability to follow direction and to collaborate with other team members.Minimum Qualifications
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in the design of HVAC systems.
• Thorough knowledge of codes, cGMPs and ISPE baseline standards related to design of systems within Life sciences facilities.
• Be registered engineer
• Minimum BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.Preferred Qualifications
• Develop technical articles for publication in various Life Science trade journals/magazines.
• Make technical presentations at various Life Science conferences.
Please note that we will not sponsor an employment visa, such as an H-1B or related visa, to fill this position.
CH2M HILL will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws