Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Banking and Economic Analysis is responsible for supporting decision making on behalf of external customers and shareholders based on long-term financial forecasting, economic and project governance principles, and an understanding of the company's financial objectives and regulatory environment. Our sub-team, Project Finance, partners with the Project Governance team in an effort to standardize and improve Project Management practices throughout the company. To achieve these goals, we work closely with an Executive Project Committee (cross-company Officer body that includes the Treasurer) as well as two Director-level stakeholder groups. Project Finance supports major projects throughout their lifecycle, from the Advance Authorization phase, to Business Case Development, to Project Executive Reporting, to Project Close-Out. We work with a diverse set of high-impact projects from nearly every functional area.
This position provides an opportunity to help drive and expand the influence of a talented, high-impact Project Finance team that is passionate about providing the decision support to make our business partners and company successful.
As an integral part of the team, the Senior Finance Analyst will work in a fast-paced, highly visible team environment to provide finance support for Major Projects (≥$20 million) and Transactions. In this role, the Senior Analyst will gain broad exposure to projects and business issues across all of PG&E's major lines of business. This experience has helped past Project Finance alumni move into high profile leadership positions throughout the company. The nature of the work is high-impact and can be both fast-paced and demanding.
Some examples of past projects:
• Generation (Fuel Cells, Crane Valley Dam, Helms Pump Storage, Nuclear Security)
• Electric Operations (Electric Distribution Control Center, Substation Upgrades, Greenfield Transmission Construction)
• Gas Operations (Right of Way, Gas Ops Training Facility, Transmission Pipe Replacements)
• IT (Smart Meter, Cyber Security, Mobile Communications, Geographic Information System, Dynamic Pricing)
• Environmental Remediation (Pond remediation, Power Plant Decommissioning)
• Bachelors Degree (Finance, Accounting, Policy or other related field preferred)
• Minimum of four years of experience in financial analysis, project analysis, or policy
• Demonstrated consistent history of being proactive and producing significant, high-quality deliverables
• Adept in both written and oral communication
• MBA preferred
• Experience interacting and influencing senior executives; proven ability to create clear and compelling executive-level materials
• Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience with operational or financial reporting and financial governance
• Demonstrated experience developing business cases
• Substantial writing and editing experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of EASOP or other discounted cash flow models
• Demonstrated project management experience, PMP certification
• Demonstrated experience facilitating process improvement efforts, Lean Six Sigma experience
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Access